Announcing the launch of a new undergraduate Certificate in Open Source Geospatial Technology
(December 9, 2016) Del Mar College is proud to announce the launch of a new undergraduate Certificate in Open Source Geospatial Technology. The new degree will focus on the use of QGIS to create digital maps, performing spatial analysis and other geographic information system applications. The new five—course certificate is based upon the US Department of Labor’s Geospatial Technology Competency Model (GTCM). The certificate will feature the following:
- Instructor-led—fully qualified GIS subject matter experts (Master’s degree+ and GISP certified) will lead each course.
- Small-size learner cohort—each cohort of learners will consist of no more than 25 students at a time.
- Accredited degree—Del Mar College is an accredited US-based college offering certificates and Associate degree. It is recognized by the US Department of Education as a qualified public college.
- Affordable—as a public community college, our courses and degrees are among the lowest cost in the world.
- Academic-credit—the courses are taught as workforce education and can be optionally transcripted for academic credit.
- Industry-standard—the program learning outcomes are derived directly from the US Department of Labor’s Geospatial Technology Competency Model (GTCM), the global standard for the GIS industry. The knowledge and skills you will learn have been identified and vetted by hundreds of GISP industry experts.
- Rapid track—each course will consist of 32 contact hours of instruction taught over three-week long class.
- Open enrollment—the program will accept any legal-aged adult over 18 who can make payment.
- Skills-based—the courses feature numerous hands-on labs that train students to become proficient in the use and application of QGIS to solving geospatial applications.
- Latest technology—the program features the very latest in open source software including QGIS, Inkscape and Grass
- 100% online—the entire certificate can be completed from anywhere!
Enrollment will be limited to a maximum of 25. If you are interested in joining the first cohort, please contact us. The next cohort offering will begin in the first quarter of 2017.
Click here to register!